Pages

Friday, 26 August 2011

Confined!!


So I've been thinking about starting a proper blog for a while and in typical me fashion I haven't been bothered. However, today I had an operation on my foot to pin a year old fracture that wasn't spotted and therefore didn't heal (thanks gymnastics) so now movement is agony. So as I'm lying around doing nothing besides watching movies and moaning (sorry Mum and Dad!) I decided I might as well distract myself. We'll see how it goes but hopefully I can remember to post regularly and actually have something interesting to say!
So I've had an amazing summer holidays so far although I've not seen nearly enough of my family and actually ended up missing them quite a bit! I went to Italy for four days straight after we broke up on choir tour. The weather was beautiful, we had an amazing time and the concerts were pretty good too! We visited Verona, Padua, Venice and Lake Garda. Then I had a little time at home to sort stuff out before I headed off to South Africa for 3 weeks with 15 other girls from my year.
It was incredible, life-changing and unforgettable. We started with a cycling tour and night in Soweto before we went on an Environmental Awareness Course where we slept on a carriage train and did things ranging from shooting and skinning an impala (that we then had as schnitzel for dinner!) to riding and dealing with problem horses to game drives and stargazing. We then went and stayed at the Telekishi Project where we taught at the local primary school (the kids loved us) and painted the entire inside and outside of their preschool. We then headed into the mountains to do some tough walking trails in an incredible landscape (where we swam and played in freezing waterfalls!) before heading to a luxury safari resort where we did game drives and had a little R&R. It was a packed and amazing 3 weeks and I loved it all, though I missed the family lots especially my sister!
After South Africa I got my results which I was very happy with before heading off to the Lake District for Caroline's Queen's Guide Exploration where we looked at the life of Beatrix Potter and also did some stuff like waterskiing! I loved the landscapes and the glorious old buildings and decided that I am going to live in an old house in the country when I am older.
When we got back I just had time to squeeze in a visit to a children's hospice, my UKCAT exam which also wwent well and a funfilled morning at Thorpe Park yesterday with Caz where we got soaked but had great fun.
Today I had my op which I was quite nervous for. It went well but I was very disappointed not to get the cast I was promised as I'd told people they could sign it. After puking up some of my lunch due to the anaesthetic, we headed home where I lay on the sofa watching Charlie and the Chocolte Factory with Dad. We discovered that one of my crutches is broken so Dad's taking it off to swap it for a new one tomorrow. We also discovered that it is absolute agony whenever I get up so not much of that will be happening! Here's a pic of me in my bed waiting before the op!

No comments:

Post a Comment