Pages

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Pyjama day!

Today was what some may call a lazy day judging by the fact that I did not change out of my pyjamas. On the contrary, it was a rather productive day and a comfy one at that.

As seems to be the tone of my life at the moment, I did lots of work- chemistry revision and then a chemistry paper and then some prep that I had been set. I managed to finish off the work I'd actually been set so tomorrow will be entirely a revision day where I plan to do some maths papers which I haven't looked at all since January and in any detail since last June!

I also did some preparation for my 18th birthday gathering: I designed invites, created a Laura Quiz and ordered paper plates, napkins and food. Another good job done.

The Daboo housefhold found itself short of pudding and in plentiful supply of overripe bananas so I got out my apron and got baking. I had meant to video this one for my Vlog on Youtube but due to the pyjama day/general need of a good wash and the fact that I was in a rush to get it done so my Dad could cook lunch, I didn't have time so a picture and recipe will  have to do! I will however definitely video the making of my Fruit Curry tomorrow and that will go up soon!

Laura's Banana Bread


Ingredients
  • 150g (5 oz) caster sugar
  • 50g (2 oz) butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons water
  • 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 200g (7 oz) plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

  • Method
    1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
    2. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs, water and bananas with the sugar mixture until well blended.
    3. Mix in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and baking powder just until the mixture is moistened. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to blend all ingredients. Pour into loaf tin.
    4. Bake for about 60 minutes. Bread is done when the top is firm to the touch and a golden brown colour. Time will vary according to loaf size and oven type. When bread is removed from oven, allow it to cool on it's side for 10 minutes, then remove from tin and let cool on a wire rack.
    This was lovely and moist and was great on it's own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Definitely best served warm!

    Lolly xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment