Pages

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Sporting chance

As predicted, the last week or so of my life has been COMPLETELY taken over by the Olympics! I won't go into too much detail (because I could literally talk for hours about all the sporting in general let alone the incredible experiences I have had!) but let me just say it has all been absolutely incredible! I have been to see the Gymnastics Women's Team Final, the athletics, the final day of the swimming and the rowing at Eton Dorney. I feel so lucky and privileged to have seen the things I have. The Olympic park and all the venues are amazing, the sport as always is exciting and thrilling. I think London has really pulled off a cracker!

Supporting Team GB's gymnasts
Today I am going in to hospital for a second operation on my foot, this time to remove the plate they put in last August. I had some nasty effects from the anaesthetic last time but I'm hoping that this time it won't be so bad as I am treating my body much better. Last time I was only just underweight according to my BMI but I had not eaten a decent meal in months and my body was suffering. Fingers crossed this time my body is better equipped to deal with the drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment