Pages

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Weekend Schmeekend

Most people assume that Saturday and Sunday are slightly more relaxing than the average Monday-Friday. Not for everyone, I agree, but certainly for me, weekends are generally days to chill and enjoy. Except for the weekend just gone...

On Friday, I set off on the train to Bristol, where Caroline and I would be attending INTOPS (INTernational OPportunities). It is a selection/information weekend for Girlguiding Members, aged 17-30. And it is, above all else, a challenge.

It is designed to push you to your limits, make you feel uncomfortable, exhaust you and see how you respond. I am not allowed to divulge too much so that the weekend is kept as a surprise for people who may go in the future but it was quite the experience! There were some very good times but there were also some pretty not-so-good times.

In terms of my own experience, I found it particularly hard due to my current mental state (which, don't get me wrong, is far far better than it was a couple of months ago but is still nowhere close to the girl I used to be). However, throughout the weekend, I grew in confidence, whether it was initiating conversation or standing up and giving a presentation. I definitely enjoyed myself much more towards the end of the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment