Pages

Saturday, 10 November 2012

Winter Warmer

Do you know something I am loving at the moment? Warming winter spices...
I've been having Copella Winter Warmer juice hot at breakfast, gingerbread lattes at work, cinnamon and nutmeg rice pudding and cinnamon candles at bathtime. 
They're just so comforting, spicy and ... I can't think of a word other than warm.
Anyone who knows me will know that I love warmth. In the winter time my favourite evenings are the ones spent in front of the fire, occasionally watching the tv, but mostly watching the flames licking up and hearing the hiss and crackle from a spectacle that seems so alive. I love hats and scarves and gloves. Knitwear is my best friend. Big cosy jumpers and thick woolen socks. 
Bonfire night is one of my favourite of the year. This year my parents and I went to the Woking Fireworks and had a great time. I went on the dodgems with mum, tried hot chestnuts, ate a toffee apple and gazed in wonder at the colourful explosions in the sky. It was a James Bond theme and it always amazes me how they can time the fireworks with the music. There is a serious business in firework choreography.
At work we have introduced the red cups along with the winter drinks and winter food. It's all very festive and is really getting me in the Christmas mood-although if you ask me it's a liiiiitttle early for that! I smell the eggnog, gingerbread and nutmeg spices all day and it just makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment