Pages

Monday, 14 January 2013

The Day After Tomorrow

So it is now 2 days (less than 48 hours) until Mum and I leave for India! Things are pretty on track.

I've decided mostly what clothes I am taking. This is a little hard because it's very hot in Sri Lanka but women are meant to cover their knees and shoulders. Turns out I don't have too many clothes that do that and aren't made of wool. I tried shopping for some but given the season here, buying summer clothes did not work out. My Dad has reassured me though that I can buy anything I need very cheaply in Mumbai. Apparently you can even get clothes made-to-measure in our hotel for very little money. I won't say no to that!

I have bought all my first aid type stuff (think loads of diarrhoea prevention and recovery stuff in case of Delhi Belly or as I have come up with- Colombo Tumbo!) as well as things like baby wipes (always useful), suncream (because it's hot and sunny!!!) and insect repellent. Not to mention shampoo and toothpaste-8 weeks is too long for travel bottles to last!

I've been sorting all the documents- I'm in charge of them for Sri Lanka AND India (thought I'd make sure Mum does nothing but relax the whole time!). I've wrapped the little presents I have got for my Sri Lankan family. I have been printing out photos to make a mini photo album to show the people out there a bit about my life.

My Grandad is picking us up to go to the airport at 0700 on Wednesday. Our flight is not until 1015 so that should give us plenty of time at the airport!

I had to say goodbye to my sister yesterday as she is now back in Cambridge. We went to see Les Miserables together (amazing movie, so emotional and also exciting because my old singing teacher is in it!) which was a nice thing to get in before we don't see each other for 2 and a bit months. I feel quite guilty because I am missing her 21st birthday, hopefully I can make it up to her with some nice prezzies!

I am now going through the process of trying to picture what I might be doing whilst I am in Sri Lanka and therefore workout what else I might need...this is proving somewhat difficult!



No comments:

Post a Comment