Pages

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Taking a Gamble

I'm going out on a bit of a limb here and doing something that makes me a bit uneasy because we only live once and we should challenge ourselves. Basically, I love writing poetry. It's something that seems to flow from me and helps me untangle thoughts. At other times, it's nothing to do with my own feelings and it's just some fun creativity. I'm not claiming to be any good at writing (I only studied English up to GCSE) but I thought why not share a few of my poems and let people have a glimpse of something I enjoy doing.

So here's the first one.

Each day it changes,
Each day a new story
Of horror and anguish,
Of human inhumanity.
They say it's important
To know of it all,
To understand and form opinion,
To learn and relearn.

She walks out of the room
When the news comes on.
They say she doesn't care enough
About current affairs.
But really, who can blame
A girl who does care
For not wanting to see
Faces crying in despair?

She can do nothing,
Can change not a thing,
It's agony to see
What anger can bring.
When peace comes to one place
War starts in another.
Man fighting man,
Brother fighting brother.

She decides if she could lessen
The pain of just one,
A difference would be made,
A service done.
So she chooses not to watch,
She lessens her own pain.
"Can you really blame her?"
I ask you again.


Do let me know whether you'd like to see a few more of my poems appear on here or if you fell asleep attempting to read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment